- Who is Progressa and what do you do?
- We are an alternative lender built to help Canadians find a better financial future, pay their bills and live their lives. We find ways to help when banks won't, and we're way cheaper than a payday loan. We pay your bills directly to take care of your debts, collection calls and interest payments. A simple, 15-minute online application process can be your first step on the way to financial stability.
- What is the difference between Progressa and a bank?
- Progressa doesn't just look at your credit score, but at the bigger picture, which includes your personal and financial history, to help get you the right loan at the right time.
- How much can I borrow?
- We provide loans between $1,000 and $15,000.
- How long can I borrow for?
- Our flexible payment terms range from 6 to 60 months and are paid back in equal installments.
- What are your rates?
- Our annual percentage rate (APR) is between 19% and 46.95% and is typically determined by your prior borrowing history.
- What Provinces/Territories do you serve?
- We proudly serve Canadians in all provinces and territories with the exception of Quebec and Nova Scotia.
- What if I filed Bankruptcy, Consumer Proposal, or Credit Counselling?
- You cannot be in a current Bankruptcy, Consumer Proposal, or Credit Counselling process. If you have filed in the past and are discharged, your recent history is more heavily weighted, and a co-signer may be required.
- How will I receive my loan?
- The majority of our customers use Progressa to pay an overdue bill or an item that has gone to collections. In these cases, we pay the bill or debt directly, which provides you certainty and allows you to rest easy without the pressures of mounting interest or collections calls. In the event that we are not paying an overdue bill, we provide the loan amount to you by direct deposit.
- How do I make payments?
- We make this as simple as possible for you and debit your bank account automatically on your pay day, as agreed up front with you during the application process.
- What happens if I miss a payment?
- Things happen. If you give us a call to notify us that you’ll be missing a payment, and make up the payment, we will waive your NSF fees. However, if we need to call you to request the payment, NSF fees will apply.
- Where are you located?
- We have offices in Vancouver and Toronto. We believe in cutting business costs to bring you the best possible rates. We build our business online and have our call centres available to you, so that having physical locations becomes a savings we can pass on to our customers.
- What is the difference between Progressa and a payday loan?
- We provide larger loans, for longer periods, at lower interest rates. A payday loan is a quick fix, and your loan payment doesn't build your credit to help solve the larger problems you're dealing with. By eliminating debt and building credit, we help you create a financial future with real promise.
- How can you help improve my credit score?
- When your debt is consolidated and paid off directly, your credit score can begin to improve immediately. Paying your Progressa loan monthly and borrowing responsibily will continue to help your credit rating. We have now partnered with TransUnion to give you access to your detailed credit report, making it easier to access the information that will help you take control of your financial future.
- What do I need to do in order to apply?
- Our minimum requirements are:
You must be a Canadian citizen,
At least 18 years old,
Earn over $1,500 net pay per month,
Have been with your employer for at least six months.
In addition, we'll need copies of:
Proof of income,
Proof of Canadian residency,
2 pieces of government issued photo ID (such as a Passport or Drivers License),
3 months worth of bank statements,
Pre-authorized Debit Form or Void Cheque.
- If I am bankrupt, can I still get a loan?
- Not if you are currently in bankruptcy. However, if you are discharged, we may be able to assist you.
- What if I’m a recipient of Employment Insurance, Disability Insurance, or other forms of financial assistance?
- You can still apply - you will, however, need to provide proof of your receipt of financial assistance. Also, keep in mind that our loan approvals are based on affordability. If you are unsure as to whether a loan may fit your budget, give us a call and we're happy to walk through it with you!
- How long will it take for me to get an approval?
- Our typical approval time can be anywhere between 30 minutes and a few days, depending on the complexity of your situation. Funding is typically processed 1 or 2 days after approval, and usually subject to a confidential employment verification.
- Do you offer loan protection plans?
Absolutely. Many of our customers need Progressa because an unexpected event has had a negative impact on their credit. Once they get here, we want to make sure that does not happen again.
If you are laid off, your payments are covered up to 6 months.
If you are injured or ill, your payments are covered up to 6 months.
If you are critically ill, your payments are covered 100%
If you pass away, your estate's payments are covered 100%