Purposes for Which Progressa Handles Personal Information
- Progressa collects and uses personal information for the limited purposes described below. We collect personal information primarily from you, for instance through applications, supporting information and documentation you provide and through your ongoing interactions with us. If you have provided your separate, informed and written consent to personal investigations as defined in The Personal Investigations Act, we may also collect personal information about you from references, employers and other financial institutions you have identified in your application as well as credit bureaus, your bank account, and other third party sources.
We may collect personal information for the following purposes:
- verify identity and other information you have provided us and to determine your eligibility for the loan product you have applied for;
- administer your loan product(s)
- collect outstanding debts or enforcing any agreement between you and progressa
- maintain business records for reasonable periods to meet legal and regulatory records retention requirements;
- Personal Information Progressa Collects
- Progressa limits the amount and type of personal information collected to that which is necessary for our identified purposes, and we collect the personal information by fair and lawful means. We collect the following personal information:
- your name and contact information, including mailing address, telephone number, fax number and/or email address;
- the following additional information for identity matching and credit check purposes: occupation, name of employer, names and contact information for references, assets, liabilities, income, previous address, number of dependents, social insurance number, date of birth and driver’s license number;
- your bank statement account information and detailed transaction history;
- the following information about the account or loan: current and historical account or loan information, balance and indebtedness, account transaction history and similar information, and records relating to the handling of any inquiries or complaints;
- banking information;
- social data and emergency contact information;
Where required by law, we will only collect the foregoing personal information where you have provided your separate, informed and written consent to personal investigation as defined in The Personal Investigations Act.
- Transfers and Disclosures of Personal Information
- In connection with the above stated purposes, Progressa may disclose personal information to the following persons:
- credit bureaus, credit reporting agencies and your creditors;
- financial institutions;
- your employer;
- references you have provided;
- DecisionLogic or another secure third party bank statement verification software;
- collection agencies, bailiffs and lawyers.
In addition to the above, personal information may be shared between Progressa’s affiliates for the purposes described above, which could include defending and bringing legal actions. Assignees or successors of Progressa or our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as those described in this Policy. Progressa may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements or as otherwise required by law.
- Progressa uses safeguards and other security standards to ensure that all personal information in its custody and control is protected against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, and storage of the personal information. Authorized employees, agents and mandataries of Creditloans who require access to personal information to fulfill their job requirements will have access to personal information.
- Access and Accuracy
- Progressa may establish and maintain a file containing an individual’s personal information for the purposes described above, which will be accessible at our offices. Individuals have the right to – 3 – LEGAL_1:41887893.5 request to access to or correction of their personal information that is held by Progressa. Requests must be made in writing, addressed to Progressa’s Privacy Officer. We will respond to written request within a reasonable time (generally within 30 days). Provision of copies of records containing personal information may be subject to a fee. We will use our best efforts to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If an individual successfully demonstrates the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information, we will amend the information as required. If we refuse access to personal information or disagree with an assertion that information held by us is incorrect, Creditloans will provide a written explanation for such refusal. An individual’s right to request access to or correction of their personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
- Progressa’s Websites and E-Mail Communication
- Progressa does not guarantee the confidentiality of any communications made by you via e-mail or otherwise through our websites. If you wish to provide information of a confidential or sensitive nature to Progressa, please contact us directly by telephone to arrange for delivery/transmission of such information by secure means.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, YOUR SEPARATE, INFORMED AND WRITTEN CONSENT IS REQUIRED FOR THE COLLECTION, USE OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH A PERSONAL INVESTIGATION AS DEFINED IN THE PERSONAL INVESTIGATIONS ACT.
Subject to legal or contractual requirements and reasonable notice, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Progressa’s Privacy Officer. If you withdraw your consent, we may be limited or unable to provide you with certain services or information.
In certain circumstances, as permitted or required by law, we may collect, use or disclose personal information without the knowledge or consent of the individual. These circumstances include but are not limited to: personal information that is publicly available as defined by regulation; where collection is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way; where disclosure is made for the purposes of collecting a debt owed to us; or to comply with a subpoena, warrant or court order.
- Marketing Communications
- Broker and/or Lender may obtain your consent to use your information to send you communications by mail, email or telephone marketing or promoting products and services that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of receiving marketing offers at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in our marketing email communications or by contacting us as set out under Contact Us below. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional or information electronic communications from us. If you have signed up for our personal finance service, Broker may provide you with tailored offers on the Website and by email, text message or other electronic means about Progressa and third party products and services that may be of interest to you based on your credit score, information in your credit report and other personal information.
- Inquires or Further Information
Attention: Privacy Officer
Creditloans Canada Financing Inc. dba Progressa
2000 – 1500 W. Georgia Street,
V6G 2Z6 Canada
You may also reach the Privacy Officer by calling the Company’s toll-free phone number 1-855-723-5626 (LOAN) and reaching the corporate head office by pushing option 4; alternatively, the Privacy officer can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org